Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine
The department of reproductive medicine provides wholesome care to patients with reproductive issues ranging from childhood through to adolescence and adulthood. The department comprises of the Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Unit (for ensuring normal pubertal and reproductive development of normal girls), infertility and IVF unit (to ensuring achievement of fertility in difficult situations) and the Fetal Medicine unit (to ensure excellent outcome of high risk pregnancies). The department works in close collaboration with the Departments of Gynecology, Pediatrics, Endocrinology and Urology to provide comprehensive multi-specialty services to the patients. The salient features of the unit include:
- Maternity Care
- Training and empowerment of patients for proper ante-natal and diet. Education for Diabetics.
- Fetal Monitoring
- Level 1 and 11 Ultrasounds
- 3D Sonograms
- Doppler Flow Studies
- Fetal Cardiac Exams
- Genetic Counseling
- Screening for various congenital defects and diseases.
- Stem cell banking
Routine gynecologic examinations and procedures help give medical professionals a clear picture of your overall health. Because every woman’s needs are different, we provide various gynaecological services:
- Routine Preventative Care (Pap smear, pelvic ultrasound, mammography & bone densitometry)
- Colposcopy for abnormal Pap Smears
- LEEP for abnormal biopsies
- Contraception & family planning
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Menopausal Management
- Osteoporosis Prevention
- Various Surgical Procedures
- Vaginal Surgery
- Vaginal, Laparoscopic and Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Adolescent Gynaecology
- Bladder and Pelvic Support Repairs
Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology:
- One of its kind in the state with dedicated Pediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology Unit.
- Treatment of complex congenital malformations of the reproductive tract.
- Expert surgical management of girls with gynecological abnormalities like cervical agenesis, ovarian cysts and genital ambiguity.
- Out patient management of young girls with genital abnormalities and menstrual disorders.
Infertility and IVF unit:
- Modem diagnostic facilities for comprehensive evaluation of infertile couples including state of the art hormonal assays, endoscopic laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and in house transvaginal ultrasound facilities.
- Excellent quality artificial reproductive techniques at affordable costs using world class equipments and culture medium. This would make IVF affordable to infertile couples who have lost hope due to enormous cost associated with the procedure.
- State of the art IVF lab with facilities for intrauterine insemination, GIFT, IVF and TESA.
- Sperm, oocyte and embryo banking.
- Oocyte donation and surrogacy program.
- Microsurgical sperm extraction techniques for azoospermic men.
- Microsurgical techniques for treatment of infertility including tuboplasty and reversal of tubal ligation.
- State of the art endoscopic surgical treatment of all gynaecological causes of infertility including hysteroscopic cannulation.
Fetal Medicine Unit:
- First private sector unit of its kind in the state.
- State of the art high dependency unit and labor room with excellent neonatal intensive care back-up.
- Multi-specialty management of women with high risk pregnancies like pre-eclampsia, diabetes mellitus, multiple pregnancies, pregnancies conceived after aritfical reproductive techniques, Rh isoimmunized pregnancy and previous genetic anomalies.
- Screening program for identification of congenital abnormalities using first and second trimester screening tools (quadruple and combined tests) and advanced ultrasound techniques like nuchal translucency.
- Facilities for amniocentesis, chorionic vitlous sampling, cordocentesis for antenatal identification of genetic and chromosomal abnormalities.
- Intrauterine transfusion and specialized care for Rh isommunized pregnancy with the availability of middle cerebral artery doppler.
FOR EMERGENCY CASES